Breakthrough Diploma Mathematics for HKDSE is a series of student-oriented, self-help reference books. We publish the 2nd Edition with revised contents in accordance with the Education Bureau’s updates on Mathematics Curriculum and Assessment Guide (Secondary4-6) in January 2014. The book aims at building up a greater capacity and confidence in candidates to get good results in the examination.
The materials in Book B are mainly Foundation part of the whole syllabus.
Main features of this book are highlighted as below:
– Clear and concise notes on mathematical concepts, formulas, laws, theorems and properties are revised.
– Typical examples are classified into categories. Each category is given a title and a number for easy reference. Some categories are subdivided into types.
– All examples are followed by practices in Exercise (.1).
– Sample questions with various concepts and skills are set at HKCEE level.
– The classification of questions corresponds to that in the Worked Examples.
– Further questions at HKDSE level or above are included to aim at students getting higher grades in HKDSE.
– More questions involving explanations of answers and cross-topic questions are added.
– References to similar HKDSE questions are indicated in the text with symbols.
– 3 tests are set similar to that in HKDSE Paper I Section A.